BatAAr is a rock band from Sweden with an intense desire for original and high profile visuals and sound. They have reached unexplored territory for Western bands by incorporating streaks of Japanese "visual kei" aesthetics into their work, which results in a fusion of vivid songs, extravagant looks, provocative music videos and intense live shows. BatAAr’s unique way of expression has even led them to become the first band ever to appear on the soundtrack of a game in the globally popular TEKKEN video game series, namely the recently released TEKKEN 7.
Although the band members are all highly experienced from many years in the music scene, BatAAr's journey has just begun.
2018.04.21 - TOKYO (JAPAN) - Shibuya THE GAME
- VREDE (featured in TEKKEN 7)
- the blinding conviction
- DECADENT ADVENT
- ALWAYS DIE YOUNG
- BOILING POINT
SINGLE (featured on the TEKKEN 7 Soundtrack)
- VREDE (TEKKEN 7 Ver.)
ALWAYS DIE YOUNG
- ALWAYS DIE YOUNG
- ALWAYS DIE YOUNG ~with morbid tranquillity~
- THE DISTANCE (REBIRTH Ver.)
- RISKBREAKER (REBIRTH Ver.)
- On January 1st, the band rebooted itself with the release of the two-track single ‘REBIRTH’, consisting of the tracks ‘THE DISTANCE’ and ‘RISKBREAKER’ with re-recorded vocals by a new singer, Endigo. Shortly thereafter, the band released their first new Endigo-fronted single and music video, ‘ALWAYS DIE YOUNG’. This release was an immediate success among fans and industry people. In one year, the music video for ALWAYS DIE YOUNG managed to net a whopping 130.000+ views on YouTube.
- At KEIOS FESTIVAL '16, BatAAr played to a sold out Fryshuset in Stockholm, sharing the stage with genre pioneers and friends like YOHIO, Kerbera and DISREIGN. Together, these rare Nordic visual metal bands wrote a new chapter in the history of Western visual kei.
- At the request of the TEKKEN video game series' producer Katsuhiro Harada himself, BatAAr made a song for the official soundtrack to TEKKEN 7, titled VREDE. The song serves as battle theme for the half-Swedish, half-Japanese fighter Lars Alexandersson. This marks the first time that a band has made music for a TEKKEN game during the series' 20 years of existence. In the music video for VREDE, the band members are wearing custom clothes and accessories by Project Runway contestant Michelle Überreste.
- BatAAr were featured on national Swedish channel TV4 news with segment about being featured on the soundtrack to TEKKEN 7, gaining nationwide attention and being featured in several news and video game-related outlets.
- During TOUR2016 IN THE WAKE OF MISERY, BatAAr traveled the island nation of Japan through sweltering summer heat, playing in several cities for hundreds of enthusiastic fans. During their stay, they also recorded music videos for MALIGNITION and LAVENDER, two of their most popular songs to date.
- In mid-September, the mini album GRAVITAS was released to great fan acclaim, grabbing the #1 spot on iTunes Rock Chart and #4 for all genres, which is incredibly rare for an independent rock band. GRAVITAS was recorded at Top Floor Studios with the help of Jakob Herrmann (AMARANTHE, Machine Head, Anthrax) and mixed and mastered by Tue Madsen (BABYMETAL, DIR EN GREY, ONE OK ROCK).
01.01 BatAAr was reborn with new vocalist Endigo
01.14 Remake Single「REBIRTH」RELEASE
03.12 Music Video「ALWAYS DIE YOUNG」RELEASE
04.08 Single「ALWAYS DIE YOUNG」RELEASE
05.07 [STOCKHOLM] Tuben w/ Satsuki (ex-RENTRER EN SOI) [JP]
05.14 TEKKEN 7 Promotional Meet and Greet at ConFusion 2016
05.21 Single「VREDE (Featured on the TEKKEN 7 Sountrack)」RELEASE
06.18 [STOCKHOLM] KEIOS FESTIVAL '16
at Arenan w/ YOHIO, DISREIGN, Kerbera ...
06.14 Official TEKKEN 7 Music Video「VREDE」RELEASE
07.02 [STORVRETA] StorCon
TOUR2016 IN THE WAKE OF MISERY -JAPAN-
08.05【TOKYO】Kichijoji Crescendo -wake-
08.06【TOKYO】Koenji Showboat -misery-
08.08【OSAKA】Umeda Holiday -wake-
08.09【OSAKA】Shinsaibashi Paradigm -misery-
09.11 Mini Album「GRAVITAS」RELEASE (#1 on iTunes Rock Chart, #4 All Genres)
10.09 Lyric Video「BOILING POINT」RELEASE
10.14 [GOTHENBURG] Sticky Fingers w/ Sonic Syndicate
10.30 [SUNDSVALL] KawaiiCon
11.05 TEKKEN 7 Promotional Meet and Greet at ComicCon 2016, Stockholm
11.06 Music Video「MALIGNITION」RELEASE
- Upon release, TEKKEN 7, the game featuring BatAAr's exclusively produced song "VREDE", immediately shot to the #1 spot for trending games with "Great Soundtracks" on computer gaming platform Steam.
- Celebrating the worldwide release of TEKKEN 7, vocalist Endigo and guitarist Patrik appeared on a live stream arranged by Bandai Namco where they answered questions regarding their appearance on the soundtrack of the game. It was done as part of the TEKKEN 7 Nordic Tour Grand Finals and was broadcasted from Copenhagen, Denmark.
- In June, Patrik was guest DJ at one of Tokyo's most prominent rock clubs, "BAR ROCKAHOLIC", together with noted visual kei and Japanese rock musicians like Dancho from NoGod, girugamesh's ShuU and Taama of ROACH they celebrated the 7th anniversary of the club.
- In August, BatAAr performed back-to-back at the two biggest cultural festivals in Sweden, WE ARE STHLM in Stockholm and the Gothenburg Culture Festival.
- Embarking on their first European tour ever, BatAAr were the opening act for Japanese visual rock band MORRIGAN on their BLACK WING EUROPEAN TOUR. The tour took the band through several locations in Europe like Germany and Poland in November and helped the band connect with their European fanbase like never before.
02.05 Music Video「LAVENDER」RELEASE
02.18 [MALMÖ] Wacken Metal Battle
06.02 TEKKEN 7 on PS4 and Xbox One RELEASE
06.10 TEKKEN 7 NORDIC TOUR GRAND FINALS Livestream
07.29 Patrik: Guest DJ at Bar ROCKAHOLIC -Shibuya- 7th Anniversary Party in Tokyo
08.15 [STOCKHOLM] WE ARE STHLM - Visual Rock Attack on Stockholm
08.19 [GOTHENBURG] Gothenburg Culture Festival
09.24 Acoustic Song「My Name is Jeff -UNPLUGGED Ver.-」RELEASE
10.28【STOCKHOLM】Tuben - Visual Rock Shock Festival -Halloween Edition-
MORRIGAN BLACK WING EUROPEAN TOUR
11.08【PRAGUE】Klub Nová -CZECH REPUBLIC-
11.10【WARSAW】Voodoo Club -POLAND-